Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all classes at A Class Community Learning ceased to operate in March 2020. However courses successfully started back in September 2020 but consequently closed in November 2020. Some are operating online and others have paused until we can return in line with National Guidance.
We are hopeful that courses will resume face to face and online (covid secure) from Monday 17 May 2021 – as long as the road map and guidnace allows.
When classes resume will adhere to the following and ensure:
We are a covid secure business and work closely with the local authority and all of our venues to ensure we can operate safely. We have undertaken an in depth risk assessment for all of our courses and all government guidance is constantly followed. The health and safety of our learners and staff is our priority.
Within each of our classes you will notice the following:
- Social distancing is in place in each class;
- Class sizes are smaller in some venues;
- Cleaning measures are in place (including handwashing and hygiene);
- Tutors take the temperatures of learners on arrival to classes (if this is above 37.8 they will be asked to leave);
- All learners are required to wear a face covering;
- All learners are required to complete and sign a new enrolment form with up to date contact details when enrolling for a course – this is to ensure we can comply with Test, Track and Trace, and registers are taken at each class;
- There are changes to the start and finish times of classes, as staggered start times are in place in venues where we have more than one course operating at the same time. Also rooms are cleaned and sanitised between courses which can cause a slight delay in the next course starting.
For any learner enrolling on our courses the following guidance is issued to them. This is also displayed in each of our venues:
COVID-19 Safety Information
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms please DO NOT attend your course. Stay at home and follow current Government Guidance.
- High Temperature
- Loss of smell and taste
- New and continuous cough
If you test positive for COVID-19 within 7 days of attending one of our courses please alert Test, Track and Trace and A Class Community Learning.
Our tutors and learners health and safety is our priority.
Please maintain social distance at all times.
Please follow the current Government Guidelines and maintain social distance in all areas. There are no waiting areas. Once your class has finished please leave by the appropriate exit.
Please provide your name and contact details each time you attend your course.
Each week an additional register will be provided at your course. Please enter your name and contact details on this every time you attend. A copy of this will be given to the centre used for the course in line with government guidelines.
Please use the hand sanitiser provided and ensure you wash your hands.
To stop the spread of germs please wash your hands or use the hand sanitiser provided. Avoid touching your face. Please only touch and use your own equipment.
Please dispose of rubbish in communal bins.
Please dispose of your rubbish in the bins placed throughout the buildings (if they are available) or take your rubbish home with you.
We apologise for any additional waiting time.
We are adhering to new cleaning measures, which means each room will be cleaned down in between classes. We apologise for any additional waiting time but the health and safety of all those attending our courses is priority.
We recommend wearing face coverings.
Face coverings are required to be worn.
Please be respectful of these guidelines and thank you for your cooperation.
This page will be updated regularly so that we can keep you updated in relation to COVID-19.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.